Saturday, August 7, 2010

Fundraiser - A lovely night

We held a fundraiser for our short film Education of Saints..
My producer Lyniel Dao and Creative producer Ria Murphy helped me to organize a brilliant fundraiser for our short film that will be screening at the IFFI in Sept. It was a lovely night and so great to see friends and meet new contacts. We were fortunate to have William Rogue playing acoustic guitar with Phil McConn accompanying. 

Since film is such a collaborative process I have been given the go ahead to have a cinematographer come along to help me film. Raul Varela, www.raulvarela.com is a very talented filmmaker in his own right who has just returned from Mexico where he was filming a documentary about the Zapatista movement. Lyniel and Ria will also be coming and I feel very grateful to have their help and support. I feel sure their expertise will help to make the documentary a much stronger product. I will also feel liberated form the technical side and able to focus on the subjects and my research.

I leave for Ireland tomorrow and I am thrilled to begin networking and planning there. I will be in Galway first and will line up all my interviews and make initial contact with each of my interviewees. I will then travel to Dublin to film the March for Equality on August 22nd. The remainder of our time will be spent in Cork and Galway. 

I will be posting with much more frequency once I arrive in Ireland.. feel free to leave comments as I would love to engage about the subjects I will be covering.

No comments:

Post a Comment